HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - PA spring gobbler
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 07:07 AM
racingdl19
Spike

Originally Posted by DougE
There's no law against trolling.You can walk all you want.You can hear a bird and move into a better position to call.I move multiple times and reset up to call in most of the birds I kill.That's how most people hunt.You just have to call the bird in.What you can't do is see a bird,say out in a field,sneak up on it and shoot it like what was posted.That's clearly illegal and most people thankfully,do not hunt that way.It's also illegal to shoot a bird out of it's roost.Hunting is by calling only.That doesn't mean you can't employ woodsmanship and other tecniques.You just have to calll the bird in.
"Moving into a better position" would be a form of stalking.Unless there is a law stating how far you must stay away from the bird when moving,it's stalking.Even though you're calling,you are still moving into the bird.I could go out there with a mouth call,walk around until I'm close enough to shoot,hurry up and sit,call a few times,let the turkey take a step,and shoot at the same time.That would be the same as "moving into a better position" just more extreme.It wouldn't be stalking since i called right??It also is hypocritical considering you could easily walk into another hunters spot without knowing,which you said would "get unpleasant" if it happened to you.