HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - PA spring gobbler
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 12:40 PM
DougE
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sproulman
doug, not being smart.HOW CAN THAT BE ENFORCED.i hear gobbler and walk to it and sit down and set -up. am i stalking?i have orange hat on ,am i stalking?walking back to car, i hear gobbler close, i sit down and set-up..AM I STALKING?
if so i think that just about everyone should be arrested.
if hunter hears turkey, walks as close as he can to gobbler, sits down and waits say 5 minutes,gives a little cluck then shoots the gobbler, is that stalking?

how any WCO could enforce that is beyond me.maybe one will respond to how they would arrest someone .
only way i would know is if you would go after turkey and not sit down and set -up.like walk to 50 yds of gobbler undected and lean against tree and shoot.
almost EVERYONE if they hear a gobbler THEY WILL HEAD TO IT..
i see it everywhere i hunt, i hear it all the time,i hear car doors shutting to get down road quick to spot they heard the gobbler.

its NORMAL and i see no way to stop it..................
Nope,what you descibed would not be stalking.Seeing two birds in a field,then stalking up and shooting them without making a call is illegal and enforceable.

There's nothing wrong hearing a bird,moving in on it and then setting up to call.That's how the game is played.Seeing a bird,stalking it and shooting without calling is against the law.I don't know how to make it any more plain.