HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - PA spring gobbler
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 10:54 AM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by DougE
I hate to turn into the internet police but stalking turkeys in the spring is not only dangerous and inconsiderate,it's also illegal.Hunting in the spring is by calling only and you broke the law,plain and simple.
douge stalking or hunting or going after turkey after hearing it,I DON T KNOW ANYONE THAT DOES NOT DO THAT.
laws mean nothing to MOST hunters.heck, i was stalked i dont know how many times last year ,i must sound like a HEN....

this is why i wrap my tree with orange ribbon..

dont bash him ,he is just doing what MOST hunters do in spring gobbler season.what he did is NORMAL and done by best turkey hunters that always seem to get gobbler.
this is why i almost never call anymore.i give owl hoot in dark and locate the turkey and sit down and HOPE gobbler walks by.if i called i would see that camo head peeking out of brush.
i just wish as i do that they would wear orange hat. i do if i want to relocate to another area.
MOST if not all i see have no orange on and its not required this year to wear orange.

PGC was fool for changing this but a bigger fool is people who walk in woods without orange hat on.
some even CALL while walking .with full camo clothes on.
oh well,dont bash him, he is doing what MOST do and is norm for spring gobbler.

did you know a lot shoot hens at this time of year?oh yes they cant even tell difference from gobbler and hen....

as paul harvey says, GOOD DAY!