HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Just Got The New Reconyx HC600
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 05:15 AM
Jackson Bowner
Fork Horn

Default Just Got The New Reconyx HC600

Just as an FYI for those of you who are looking to get the new Reconyx HC600, Cabelas sent out a coupon recently. One of those where you save so many dollars depending on how much you spend. The most they rebated under this coupon was $75 back on a $500 purchase. Well, I was going to buy one anyway and figured I would never find it on sale. The coupon requires that you buy something from the store (internet sales are excluded). So I drove on down to Dundee (about an hour away). Got there and went to the back in the archery section..no Reconyx cameras at all even though the HC600 is listed in their catalog that I received the day before. That didn't surprise me though since these cameras weren't supposed to be available until mid April at the earliest.

Had to go to customer service because the guys in archery were busy with coffee or something and couldn't figure how to order it. Lady at customer service said, "this is only good for 'in store' purchases'. So I told her I am "in store" and here to purchase it and you don't have it in stock, so please order it....and while you're at it, please take the shipping charges off (which they will always do in store if you ask them to for something they are out of stock on) and she did. So all in all it turned out well. The camera has arrived, but I haven't had time to take it out yet. Just wanted to give you a heads up on how you might get this camera a bit cheaper if you're looking to buy it anyway. And always ask them to take shipping charges off something they don't have in stock that you want to buy and have it sent right to your home.