HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - APP opinions
Thread: APP opinions
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 12:03 PM
oldsmellhound
Nontypical Buck

Default APP opinions

Hey guys,

Well today was the first day in 1.5 years that I've walked into a gun store. (Being in school, I'm not allowed to spend money or my wife will kill me, so I avoid temptation all together by not going into a store)

My main question was, who here uses American Pioneer Powder, and what do you think of it?

I've shot T7 exclusively for almost 5 years now, and I've seen a lot of comparisons and reports about T7, BH209 and Pyrodex, but not much on APP. The reason I'm asking, the local stores sell APP at about $6 less per pound than T7. I know that APP has less velocity than T7, but I'm wondering about accuracy, clean up and shelf life. Any replies are appreciated.

On a side note, I almost fell into temptation and sinned by buying a new ML - they had a Traditions bolt-action, camo-stock .50 cal NIB for $79. I don't remember the model name - it certainly didn't have a fit and finish of an Encore or an Accura, but it did seem to be solid and well-put-together. That's why I don't go into gun stores until I'm done with school in August and I'm allowed to buy toys again...