HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Who uses and API climbing stand?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 09:51 AM
DeerandbearhoG
Nontypical Buck

Old thread ,but for API owners who have problems w/ the shrinkwrap coming off, heres what I did , strip the shrink wrap completely off the chains, and lube them up good w/ petro jelly, then slip some 5/8 black rubber laundry machine hoses over it, it will never wear off. just remember to leave about 10''s bare on both ends, so it can go back into the stand. I Use my API all the time, its 12 y/o, but its held up way better than the POS summit I bought 2 years ago. I dont know if all summits are like this, but mine is a freakin lemon to say the least. the paint has almost all peeled off where I didnt put silencing tape on it. not one bit of the original finish ever flaked off my api. Also. the summit climbing teeth are rounded, not pointy like the api, and it slips bad on all but the softest bark, and on all wet bark. freakin noisy as hell too, and the thing doesnt fit together as good and flat as the api, and it tends to stick together too. only thing I like better, is the cable set up is alot easier to use, but the shrik wrap is almost all wore off too, and its rust city. Anyone want to buy a summit...CHEAP!!!! Im really looking at getting a timbertall this year, I like almost everything about them.

Last edited by DeerandbearhoG; 04-28-2010 at 08:27 AM.