HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what camera to buy?
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 07:53 PM
J Pike
Nontypical Buck

I own alot of cams that cost under $200.00. These days I wont spend more than $100.00 on a cam in case they get stolen. I wait for them to go on sale when I cant control the addiction and am forced to buy another one.
I have 3 Moultrie D-40's, never had a problem with any of them except one of them grew legs and walked away. I paid under $70.00 for each one and are well worth the money.

I have 5 Wildview Xtreme 5 cams, again paid under $70.00 each one, Great pic's, awseome flash, wide angle sensor and great customer service. The only problem I have had is ants invaded one of them last summer and ruined my LCD display, (Ants will damage any cam no matter how much they cost) Wildview replaced it with no questions asked.

2 Scoutguard SG550 IR cams, (same as the Bushnell Trophy Cam) I Paid $180.00 for, amazing battery life, never any problems very poor night time pics and will never buy one again because of it.

2 Cuddyback Capture's, Flash, Paid $175.00, awesome cam, great pics, battery life, flash, trigger, Never had a problem but have heard they have poor customer service. Just DO NOT BUY THE CAPTURE IR CAM.

1 SteathCam I590, I paid $130.00 for it. Great cam, pics, flash, etc. Never had any problems with it.