HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wolves and elk
Thread: Wolves and elk
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 08:06 AM
rather_be_huntin
Typical Buck

What the heck, I'm a little bored so I'll address this even though i have to reiterate you are WAY off.

Originally Posted by macman99

You think hunters who don't hate wolves are "pathetic?"
I never said that. You have me quoted so that's obvious. What I DID say is that it's pathetic to hear other hunters say that "wolves shouldn't be hunted." That's my opinion and you can say what ever you like about that. I'm sorry but if you're a hunter and you say that you are clearly confused and uneducated on the matter. You're an in the closet anti.......are you about to come out??

What a coincidence: I think the same of hunters who think they're the only people in this country who should have a say about what goes on in our forests and woods. This may be a news flash to you, but ALL Americans have the same rights to enjoy the outdoors that hunters do. And they vote, too.
Agreed. I never said otherwise. However it should be noted that most hunters never had a voice in the reintroduction of the wolf.

So lets just keep killing wolves illegally - or cheering on the killing and supporting it with the "SSS" stupidity - and maybe we can reap the backlash of it from the non-hunting public: more lawsuits, wolf populations increasing as the suits drag on, and once they're fully delisted everywhere, we just keep hating 'em and killing 'em and teaching our kids "SSS" until they get listed again. Then our kids get to deal with the same cycle and we'll just keep blaming the "antis" for our own ignorance. Good plan. Pure genius.
I have never advocated SSS, never. In my last post I did however say that SSS is not really an issue outside of the hunting community.

And we do this why? So that by eliminating wolves, we can make the U.S. into a giant hunting preserve (?), even though the vast majority of outdoor users may not even be hunters. Pretty selfish, not to mention unrealistic and unlikely to occur.
Wolves are here to stay. What I would like to see is sound managment practices that takes all species into account. What I am frustrated and angered about is the political battle taking place that IS NOT taking into account the effect the wolf is having on other species and the fact that the wolf numbers ARE ABOVE REINTRO OBJECTIVES. If you really are a hunter (and not some troll anti crashing our boards) and have a brain in your head you will see the writing on the wall. The wolf is part of a plan to abolish hunting. Now can you see why supporting the wolf as a hunter makes one look a bit pathetic? You are sleeping with the enemy in essence. What's the deal with the "hunting preserve" comment? Dude this is hunting forum where we talk about hunting issues. Some of your comments are seriously in left field.

I hunt mainly because I enjoy being outside. That's the "success," for me and for a lot of other hunters. If I get something, great. If I don't, I certainly don't think of it as an "unsuccessful" day. If you're hunting just to kill sh*&, you might want to re-evaluate why you hunt or worse, what example you might be setting for others.
Come on....."hunting just to kill sh*&"?!?! Really?!? you aren't even trying to address the issue, you're whole post is just you trying to be inflamatory. Rather than retaliate I choose to make you look silly. Nobody is real hunter if success is measured based on "kills". But on the other hand are you really hunting if you head up the hills with a bunch of guns, orange vests, and camping gear if there is no game in the area?

Seriously dude this issue is about preserving all species at a HEALTHY level. The wolf is over objective and there are lot deeper issues than SSS. Don't pin the SSS badge on me, I haven't said that once in this discussion.

Last edited by rather_be_huntin; 04-22-2010 at 09:09 AM.