HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Top 5 best & worst rifle scopes
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 07:43 AM
Duckbutter48
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 209jones
If you are looking for new, Leupold or Nikon is the way to go, Burris is ok stuff as far as I know of.If you are looking for a used one, I'd stay away from Bushnell ( Bausch & Lomb), Weaver, Simmons & Tasco,again, look for Leupold, and Redfield,Nikon if u can find it.
I got rid of everything except Leupold & Nikon in my stuff.

I used to think this way about Bushnell and B&L until I bought and Elite 4000-B&L and Bushy 4200. Took about 1 season for me to sell the 9 Leupy's I had and top all my rifles with the 4200's.

Raingaurd is amazing and the glass on the 4200's was better then my VX II's at least doing a side by side comparison at low light. I couldn't see any difference comparing my VX III's at low light to the 4200. For double the price the Leupy's aren't that impressive to comparable brands. Buying the VX I's and Rifleman's is a waste of money IMO. You can get a much much much better scope in the same price range as those.

I have no experience with Nikon stuff other then range finders and bino's. Like both of those.

With the sales going on now for a 4200 for under $250 you can not find a better scope for that price, not even close from what I've seen.

Dollar for Dollar buying a Leupy you can do much better with other brands.