HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team #1 Last Gobble - 2009 Champions
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 03:37 PM
pinsapex7
Fork Horn

Well went out tuesday morning to a farm close by. Had probably eight to ten different birds hitting all around me. Then about 7:30 they shut up and disappeared. Heard a four wheeler or tractor an think it might have moved them off a bit. So I thought while I still had a little time I would run to another farm close by. Didn't see or hear any birds in the cow fields so I set up in one of my favorite spots with my widow maker hen and b-mobile. Sat there for about 10 to 15 minutes soft calling a bit. Then I heard him gobble at the other end of the field. So I got the ole browning over and under up and ready. Called one more time and he hit again. Then I seen the hen working my way and I knew he was in trouble. Then here he came around the cornerturning sideways and strutin a bit. Then he came running to b-mobile ready to lay the smack down but he didn't get a chance. I dropped the hammer on him at about 17 yards. It was a great morning and ready to get back out there and try and fill that other tag. Good luck team and will try for a bigger one now. Lets keep it up. Nice job to the other ones too. Later