HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team #1 Last Gobble - 2009 Champions
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 09:18 AM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Good work everybody! Team 1 on the assault!

Huntress that is a mighty heavy bird for SC this late in the season. A good hunting friend of mine killed one this morning down there with 1 3/8" spurs that only weighed 15#s. Usually by this time, they are really really running themselves thin. Thats a great bird! Congrats!

Good work on yours also pins... looking forward to seeing pictures and getting the full report.

I went this morning myself to a little 20 acre patch back of a church. Had three gobbling in the tree, sadly.... all off the property. There is no doubt in my mind that the birds are relating to this place, as it looks like a team of landscapers with leaf blowers have gone through the woods... turkey scratching EVERYWHERE. The rain moved in about 830 and the bird I was trying to coax across the creek hushed up and went the other way... hen likely found him. I just need to catch one on my side and he is a ghost.

Going someplace with my best friend tmw AM. It'll be fun and hopefully productive. Got another extended hunt in the mountains lined up for mid-May when we can hunt all day.