HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Frog Fishing Commitment
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 05:20 PM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

Zack...

If you are fising Horny Toads let me give you some advice that has helped me land bass..I hope it works for you..

. The bass will boil up big time on those frogs.DO NOT set the hook right away..you will be tempted but don't...treat the frog as it were a rubber worm..the bass will inhale the frog and run..reel in the slack and set the hook good...I wait 2 full seconds ..and set the hook with a 7 foot medium rod..I do use 20 pound braid when fishing frogs because of the thick hydrilla..I use a medium rod to help absorb some of the shock.on the hook set...because I've been broken off alot on hook sets.With the medium rods I don't break off.

I don't miss alot of frog bass...and frog bass tend to run much bigger than all the other lures..Topwater for some reason attracts bigger fish..

This is also a great lure in lily pads..The lighter colored toads seem to float better but the frogs do sink..so ya got to keep them moving..splash splash pause....splash splash pause...etc.etc...usually on the pause you get attacked..nothing like top water..{ -;

I introduced my son Matt last year to the Horny Toad..this was his first fish..little over 5 pounds..he's
hooked. thiis is a pit at Carlton Palmor by the Mall.

Last edited by Chuck7; 04-20-2010 at 05:35 PM.