HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 9 "Roosted & Roasted"
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 07:10 PM
Todd1700
Nontypical Buck

Todd- Who's the farmer in Olney?
Everyone just calls him Duke and that's all I know him by. When I was in high school some guys moved to my home town here in Alabama. Their parents had just got divorced and their mom moved them back to Alabama where she grew up. Their dad however was from Olney, ILL and that's where they had been living most of their lives. They still have friends and family in the area. We also hunted the land of some other friends of theirs as well.

First year up I saw the biggest buck I have ever laid eyes on in the field. We told Tony the land owner where we saw it and he killed it during the shotgun slug season later that year. Gross scored 192. Bucks that big fry the mind of an old Alabama boy like me. I would have probably had a heart attack if it had walked under my tree. LOL! I did kill a nice 8 point on that trip and last year I killed a real good 11 point.

I know you probably don't want this info to get out to the general public but you don't have to go to west central Illinois to see monsters. There are plenty of giant bucks in that area.