HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Reloading basics
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 06:14 PM
sauer06
Fork Horn

Default Reloading basics

I have a question for you reloaders, I have been reloading for about 10 years. I reload a couple of hundred or so rounds a year of 30, and 243 cal. lately I have been unemployed for over a year and have been getting into reloading more and more and the more I study the more I realize that there is way more into this than I thought.I have recently bought more reloading manuals and a RCBS powdler trickler and a chronograph to go with the RCBS reloading system that I already have. The person that taught me how to reload was and is an a very good reloader, and the first batch of 30.06 reloads we first did Win760, Hornady150-165 BTSP interlock Win Mag primers shot 1-1.2to 1-1.5 groups all day long and I used them for years hunting white tails. I have done many web searches on this subject and I have had success and failures with regard to accuracy.What I want to know is other that basic safety what are the most important aspects of reloading accuracy? I know this is a very open question but all responses will be treated with respect.
Thx for all of you help.
Doug Olwin