HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team #1 Last Gobble - 2009 Champions
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 04:55 PM
doall hunter
Fork Horn

Hey Team

Firstly, my sincere apologies for not posting lately. Big shakeup at our company this past week with several of my colleagues across the country being shown the door. Fortunately I survived, though I was transferred to the neuroscience/psych division. I don't like it but my options are not very abundant in this economy.

I still haven't killed a bird yet and is starting to get under my skin. Ok, it's worse than that, it is starting to keep me up at night. Been close many times with a different reason each time. Some were my fault for trying to get too close, hens cut me off several times. and once a cropduster started spraying an adjacent field and turning that dang thing right over the top of me and a hot bird this past Sunday. That turkey never made another peep, and he was gobbling his fool head off prior to the P-57 showing up.

We have had a weird spring in TN with incredibly hot days. A front is supposed to move in tonight and cool thing off a bit. Turkey's are starting to get right and I will stay after them hard.

I want to see a flopper, bad. Real bad

Congrats Hog on your bird. Nice job.

Anybody heard from Fl Huntress yet?

Swamp ==> Happens to everybody. I've done it too.

MC