HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Controlling yourself at that moment
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 05:13 AM
Blackelk
Typical Buck

In most cases people don't control it well at all. I do believe archery hunters have to learn to control that better than most because it's easier to screw it all up.

There's alot of instances it doesn't bother me at all. 4x4 bull standing in front of you not really a big deal. Same scenerio with a 300+ bull standing there a lil added blood pressure. But there's a point where everything slows down and the focus gets alot better after each animal you kill with a bow. I flung arrows back in the beginning. Now I aim at them. But that's a 20yr difference.

Some people are born stone cold and some make themselves that way over time. But everyone can get rattled at one point or another. I finally got to take a bear with a bow about ten years ago. I could control everything breathing, steadiness, aim, release, follow through. But the entire time all that excitement went to my right foot dangling off the tree stand. I thought for sure it was waving like a flag in the wind. I guess it wasn't too bad the bear didn't see it. lol But it sure feel like it was gonna run off on me.