HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Opinions on Traditions Classic Pennsylvania rifle.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:00 PM
mountaineer magic

Default Opinions on Traditions Classic Pennsylvania rifle.

Does anyone own a traditions Classic pennsylvania rifle that can share what they think in regards to accuracy and performance.I know everyone has an opinion but I'm looking for info from owners that have shot one for a while. I have never been a traditions fan but I really like the look and style of the Pennsylvania rifle. I know that the Pedersoli frontier , cabelas Blue Ridge etc are good shooters but I have an opportunity to get a Traditions and was wondering what other owners think. It is a 50 cal with a 40 1/2 inch barrel. Overall lenghth I think is 57 inches . They say it is most accurate with 50 - 75 grains but it is rated at a max of 110. I usually shoot around a 100 on most of my traditional guns, so it will handle enough powder to deer hunt with. Pennsylvania .50 cal percussion rifle

(Comes in Percussion, shown here in Flintlock)

This historically accurate rifle, holder of the enviable status of "authentic for reenactment use" from the American Revolutionary Brigade, recreates the finest features of the classic long rifles.

Featuring a full length walnut stock with a cheekpiece, solid brass patch box, stock inlay ornamentation and toe plate.

Additional features include
  • Double set triggers
  • Brass inlays and embellishing
  • Authentic wooden ramrods
  • Adjustable primitive-style rear sight
  • Shooting, loading, and cleaning instructions
StockCaliberBarrelTwist RateTriggerSightsRamrodLengthWeightWalnut.50p40.25" Blued 1 in 66"DoubleAdjustable/BladeWood57"8lb. 8 oz.