HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do not buy rem. Model 770
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 04:13 AM
Risasi
Banned

Originally Posted by daddywpb
There were manufacturing shortcuts taken on the Rem 770 to keep costs low. It is an introductory rifle that was built to compete with other introductory rifles like the Mossberg and Marlin bolt guns. Common sense would tell you that you're not going to get a first class rifle for $350.

I agree that the 870 Express and the 11/87 Sportsman lines from Remington are quality products, without the "shine" of the Wingmaster and Premier lines. Nothing wrong with them at all. What I have a problem with is a major manufacturer like Remington importing products that are manufactured in other countries and sticking them in a green box. Some of this stuff is crap, and they've been doing a lot of it lately. Remington has been around a long time, and people have come to expect quality from "big green". Unfortunately, these days you don't always get it. They used to always include the phrase "Made in America" in their advertising. You don't see it there anymore.

Now, unfortunately, they will probably be doing the same thing to the Marlin name. It's sickening!

They already had an "entry level" rifle, the ADL. They should have just left it alone....

When the $300 rifle craze started, they could have stood by the quality of their products, but instead decided to be idiots. They would have been better off to package an ADL with a Redfield scope (not that I like Redfields) or Riflemans (not a fan either).

Instead they chose the 710/770 Abortion and a Stirfried scope.

Genius.