HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Support Wisconsin's Proposal to Lower Age Restriction on Crossbows
Old 04-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Trapper22
Spike

Default For a chuckle?

Wisconsin's own deer herd management modeling studies indicate that if current participation and harvest rates remain stable through the next 20 years, the size of the herd will grow to the point where hunters will no longer be able to manage the resource, and other means of harvesting deer will have to be introduced.

I'm not opposed to 55 and older using crossbows with the max limit of 1 or 2 deer with a crossbow.

The above quote is what caught my attention. You appear to be very new to posting here and a quick search would show you what WI. hunters think of the DNR's ability to manage the deer herd. Trust me when I say very few hunters in this state think that we will be over run by deer any time soon. The DNR has issued so many extra tags and made unlimited extra tags available for $2.00 each they've set the deer herd population back several years already. Plenty of hunters are to blame for this as well that think they need to fill every tag they have no matter how many that may be.

The DNR has loused up deer counts for quite awhile with overestimating. I see they still are printing jibberish of how we'll be over run soon with deer if we don't get it under control. With averaging seeing less than one deer per day I'd welcome being over run.