HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sheds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 08:53 AM
J Pike
Nontypical Buck

brunsc If your like me and dont have time to search every inch of a parcel etc. skip the trails, fence lines, fence crossings, creek crossings etc. I wasted numerous hours, days, shed seasons etc over the years searching trails, creek crossings, fence lines, fence crossings etc. It wasnt until I started to concentrate the majority of my time searching in very thick bedding area's and feeding area's that I started finding sheds almost every trip out. The reason I spend 90% + of my time searching these 2 area's is because bucks are spending 90 + % of each and every day in these 2 area's. And since bucks are spending 90 + % of their time in these 2 area's , there is a 90 + % chance the bucks will drop their antlers in these 2 area's. In short spend your time searching where the bucks spend the majority of their time in, searching trails. fence lines, fence crossings, creek crossings etc. is like looking for a needle in a haystack because most bucks will use different trails every day to get from their bedding area's to their feeding area's and vice verca. The only time I walk trails etc. is when im walking from one bedding area to the next, if im trying to learn the area, trying to pattern a particular buck that I was hunting, or find the matched antler of a large shed that I already found. Pike

Last edited by J Pike; 04-09-2010 at 09:40 AM.