HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What is..the BIGGEST bird you have ever seen?
Old 04-08-2010, 11:37 AM
pheasantHUNTER121
Spike

For one whole seasoon my dad and I hunted this bird that far surpassed all of the others in size, his beard drug the ground, always had had the hens, and was always on the other side of the fence from the public land we were hunting. Had many close encounters, he was always to smart to come into calls, always end up at about 75 yards and hold up.
That very next season I finally had my drivers license, went out by myself because my dad was playing in a golf tournement. Spotted him out in a field around 3 p.m. snuck into about 75 yards then started calling. I was laying on top of a terrace about 25 yards inside of a tree line when the bird step inside the trees I was able to take a shot.
I was so happy I got a bird on my own all I did was call my dad to tell him, and went to show him. I knew he was a good average bird and was heavy, it wasnt until my dad saw him that he remembered the bird from last year. 13" beard 1 7/8" and 2" spurs if he would of been a little heavier he would of made top 20 in kansas. I was able to enter him in a couple contest's and win a couple gift certificates too.