HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rage VS. Slick Trick
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 04:35 PM
DR KILL
Fork Horn

ok , i have used slick tricks for 3 years . but last year i could not find slick tricks anywere near my house so my buddy bought me a pack of rages and here are my thoughts,
2 years ago took 6 deer with the slick tricks all 6 expired within 40 yards with 2 just jumping ten feet or so then looking around not even knowing what happend and all 6 were complete passthroughs,
last year i used rages and took 7 deer 5 were passthrougths and not one deer expired in less then 60 yards.
i believe the slick tricks cut so fast and so clean that the deer dont even know what hit them and they start to bleed out before they can even think.
now the rages take alot of KE to open, and i think they hit the body hard causing the blades to open and inflict a monster whole , but i think the deer feel that massive thumb in the cage and they bolt trigering what i call adranalin running , one doe i took i hit her double lung and she bolted like a bullet and she ran over 80 yards and did not produce good blood until about 20 yards into the trail

well thats just my O , but i know im going back to slick tricks next year for sure