HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 1 to 10 how would you rate yourself as a hunter?
Old 04-06-2010, 09:04 AM
passthru79
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rybohunter
I'm not sure I'd agree that some of the "criteria" you brought up has anything to do with how good of a hunter someone is.

food plots & shed hunting??? To many people, those 2 topics are absolutely irrelavent to thier success in the fall. And then when you drag ethics into it, big can o worms opens up.

Food plots arent ireelavant, they are just another way to put the deer where you want them. Its not something you have to do to be a "good hunter" but it can help increase your chances and its good for the deer, also depending on your hunting situation it could make or break your hunting season. Shed hunting isnt necessarily irrelevant to someones success, it can help you key in on that particular deers area for late season. My dad and I both killed our best bucks to date over food plots we have planted and very close to the area I have found some of my biggest sheds. As far as Im concerned all those little things that may be "irrelevant" to some people play a role in my success each fall.