HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rage VS. Slick Trick
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 03:09 PM
cjgjr
Fork Horn

Definately the slick tricks overe the rage!IN MY OPINION.
Ive used both.Rage broadheads R a one shot and done deal blades never seem to close right after 1st shot,+they open way to easy.Ive shot deer with both.the slick tricks fly awesome and give u a great entrance and exit hole!Gives u very quick kills cause of the 4 blade cut.Ive shot a deer with the rage.No pass thru?Poor blood trail just little drops here and there I found that deer late next day over 200yrds away!Half arrow and rage broad head still in it 1 blade WAS broke off was gone,The other broke just barely still on broadhead.this shot shouldve exited the animal very easy since NO solid bone was hit!!just rib bone.And any broadhead with a trocar or good steel tip and sharp blades,will go thru game like warm butter and stick in the ground!!!The tip on the rage is rounded bullet like with only a small 2 blade cut tip,but the other 2 sides of point are just rounded?????This is from my experience.All i can recommend after shooting hundreds of different broadheads is if u really want to try a mechanical use the wasp jakhammer.But watchout for quartering shots.Slick tricks fly like field tips.Muzzy 3 blade always worked great,just the blood trails,arnt as good as 4 blade or your 1 3/4"cut of a jakhammer which meens your game will hemorage faster and bleed out/EXPIRE QUICKER.
Sorry for the novel hope some of this helps.
And for those who disagree with this,This is just my opinion,from my experience...Good luck..

Last edited by cjgjr; 04-05-2010 at 05:57 PM.