HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Harvest #'s Down
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 07:52 PM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Valentine

"Harvest #'s Down Of course they continue to fall. They are slowly wiping out the whole herd."

Maybe gun season will have to go to three days and antlered only.
Of course, crossbowers will be allowed to take antlerless deer.

There have been complaints for ten years. I guess herd reduction had no meaning to some. No one is listening to the complainers.

With all the complaints, the powers probably said, "We're going to reduce the deer overpopulation and never, ever, go through that again.
They probably are going to get the herd so low, nobody who hunts less than 200 yards from a trail or road, is ever going to see a deer again.

(The preceding was posted in jest, hyperbole, whit, and plain downright meanness)
this is first year in 46 yrs here in clinton county,pa.WMU2G that i had 3 feeders in a great area that had no deer tracks at all.over 100 hunters hunted this area and 2 bucks were seen and shot.
3 doe were seen and 1 shot.
in archery i saw about 15 deer for say about 6 weeks of archery and in about a 10 mile area if you made a circle.in where i hunt i saw 6 point and 3 doe.that buck was killed first day by 17 hunters who surrounded me .if it had been doe season the first week i believe those 3 doe would have been shot then.1 was shot second week on gun season.

folks, i saw only 2 fawns all season.....trail cameras showed fawns in july but not in gun season.
coyotes/bears have to be killing these fawns,hunters in archery MUST be shooting fawns too.

when are we going to wake up............