HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team #1 Last Gobble - 2009 Champions
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 05:14 PM
doall hunter
Fork Horn

Well this a little late but who cares. Anywho opening morn (Sat.) we get down there at about 5:30. its raining and windy. Well isnt that fantastic. So after everything quits and we start to get goin it is about 6:45. As we are packin up ready to start moving I hear one sound off. (Dad didnt but he is a little, uh "seasoned") After I tell him and he gives a round of crow calls he sounds off again. Well maybe a little salvation to a bad morning is what I am thinkn. So after flollowing a ridge and going through a pine thicket we get to at the most 200 yards and he is in the middle of the prettiest, mature growth bottom you have ever seen. When we set up and actually make turkey sounds we dont hear from him again. Well we think we spooked him. It's early season and there is no leaves on he trees so we guess he saw us. Needless to say we walk aorund trying to get on another one but no such luck. Oh well I have all week. Maybe a little better luck.

P.S. I am just kidding dad you are an exellent turkey hunter and one of the best I will ever know.