HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - anyone ever have real luck w/ scents?? i havent!
Old 09-12-2003, 09:47 PM
vERN
Spike

Default RE: anyone ever have real luck w/ scents?? i havent!

In 31 years of bowhunting I' ve tried a lot of different things - including the vanilla, but it had to be pure,natural - and have had some good experiences with them. Have used fox and coon urine as cover-up and have had deer follow them. Does usually follow 10 - 15 yds then lose interest, but the buck is more likely to follow it up. Have used the drag rag and had them " track" me to the stand. Now I use regular doe pee for cover-up while going to the stand. Using Carbon Blast had a one-antlered buck come downwind at 20 yds. Next time out I set up an elaborate scent trail to put him sniffing at a tree at l8 yads. He came in all right and completely ignored my work - walked right over it![X(][X(] I DO NOT want anything is the tree or blind, though. I used to use coon scent in a tree stand as it is natural for them to be up there. Worked fine - had coon come in I still like them for " stopper" lures and to try to " drag" a deer into shooting range.