HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Destroyer 350....is the 6" BH too short for me?
Old 03-29-2010, 11:04 AM
schoolcraft
Fork Horn

Default Destroyer 350....is the 6" BH too short for me?

been out of bowhunting for 3 years now, but was very avid before. Owned or shot just about every Mathews, Hoyt, and Bowtech made up till' 3 years ago.
Went to my local archery pro shop Saturday and shot the Bowtech Destroyer 350 against several other bows...

WOW........

That's all I could say....No possible way the draw cycle of that bow should be as smooth as it is. Only took about 6-8 shots to get used to the drop into lefoff. Super fast. Super quiet. Super smooth.......but has a 6" brace height.

I'm wondering if for a hunting bow if the 7" BH destroyer 340 would be better????? Or is this one of those rare bows that can shot by most relatively well at its 6" BH???

Also, I had a "draw length suprise". I've ALWAYS shot a 28.5" draw. It's always fit me perfectly. I draw back this 29" Destroyer 350 expecting it to be a tad long.......and it was a tad short.
Felt like a 27.5" or 28" draw. Double checked with the pro shop and sure enough....29".....weird.

Any input on the BH and the "shorter for me" draw length would be appreciated.