HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - broadheads
Thread: broadheads
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 10:56 AM
VaWhitetailHunter
Spike

Default broadheads

well today i got out shooting my bow and i decided to put out my broadhead target and shoot my broadheads and field points to see if they would fly the same because i havent ever really done it before being a fairly new bowhunter. my first shot was at 20 yards with my field point and it was right were i wanted it so then i shot my broadhead and it didnt shoot anywhere near where my field point did and the arrow didnt really fly true. at 20 yards it shot about 6 inches lower and about 6 inches to the right of my field points. my first thought was thats why i missed 2 deer this year with my bow this past season. i want yalls opinion on this, should i tune my bow to shoot with these broadheads or should i buy some new ones to see if they shoot more like my field points. i have a hoyt avenger bow and was shooting muzzy 3 blade broadheads. if you think i should look for new broadheads what would be yalls opinion on a good broadhead that for you shoots like your field tips? i know every bow shoots different broadheads different but i would like to know what flies good with your bow.

thanks for any replies.