HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Should hunting over bait be illegal in your area?
Old 03-26-2010, 02:30 PM
Buck Hunter 1
Nontypical Buck

Hunted bth ways and prefer non baited hunting. I do not beleive a food plot is bait anymore than a cornfield is bait. I have seen the truckloads of sugar beets, pumpkins, apples, corn and evrything else thrown at deer. They go nocturnal real quick. It is also like shooting them in a controlled environment, my feeling only. In PA we have to get our salt blocks up and out 30 days prior to the opener of deer and can't put them back until the end of January (don't hold me on that date I have no h-season calender handy). If you do have ot hunt bait areas, get in between the baited sites of yu can early morn or late afternnon, or deep deep swamp and catch em' coming out or sneaking in at daylight. Nice MI bucks doing that approach.
IPSPshooter interesting comment about scent, rattling etc. Got to think on that one, although I am inclined to answer if I stink at all I'm busted (the bait pile can be full of stnk and they will eat, the rattling I can not sound correct and grunt, well I could sound like a fart and get shot by another hunter for it so..................

Last edited by Buck Hunter 1; 03-26-2010 at 02:34 PM.