HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 5 Thundering Toms
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 06:37 AM
slicendice
Typical Buck

I'm sure you'll be fine, Storm! Turkey hunters are just a tough lot. True story--- About 5 years ago, my family and I were in a serious accident when a heroin fiend struck our van head-on just 5 days before the opener. I wound up with a broken back and had to miss the opener. As I layed in bed that morning I couldn't take it anymore, so I called a buddy that evening and asked if he could take me hunting the next morning. I knew a spot where the birds were roosted on a finger ridge between 2 farms. It was a fairly easy walk except for climbing the ridge, so I figured I could do it. Just needed someone with me to help me in case I went down and couldn't get up. He agreed, so we went out the next morning. The walk hurt alot and I had to stop a couple times to get sick because it hurt so much but we pressed on. Got to the spot I wanted to be and sure enough, the birds gobbled nearby at first light. Half hour after fly down I had my bird. I didn't feel any pain on the walk back to the vehicle, either!