HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - war stories (injuries)
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Tobe_B
Typical Buck

This actually happend last week.

I took my dogs down to Wiemar where I bought them from to get them started on hunting hogs. Well we let three 90 pound pigs into a six acre tract of land and let five young inexperienced pups into the area. The whole objective of this was for the dogs to find the pigs on their own and then bay them (for those of you that don't know that is when a pig gets backed into a spot where it can't run anymore and then keep it there till hunters get there to dispatch the pig). Well we ran around chasing these pigs back and forth from one corner to the other for about an hour and a half. The dogs would get it bayed then the pigs would get aggresive and then break through before we could get there. Well we finally went and got a dog that was a little more experienced and used it to catch the pig and hold it there till we could get there and get our hands on it. We weren't wanting to kill these particular pigs as they are constantly used to help train dogs. When we finally did catch one of the pigs I was the first one on the scene and as such got to be the one that jumped into the middle of a very angry pig and a very aggresive dog and grab the pig. Well once I got up on top of them the dog let go of the pig...lucky me huh. I ended up catchin the pig, all you have to do is catch the back legs and then as long as you hang on he can't flip around on ya. The trouble is that when the pigs free then he is really maneuverable. He got a few scratches into my hands and forarms before I got a hold of his back legs. One of my dogs got a cut on his butt and a few of the other dogs got cut up pretty bad.
Here is a pic of him after I got him caught.