HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Plain ( non ribbed) shotguns trap/birds?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 06:27 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

my model 50 winchesters dont have a rib...theyve both shot more point of aim and center than my screw in chokes and vent rib guns...just looked at my 30" full choked m50 patterns..it shots dead center and the majority of the pattern is high at 20yds i think it was...

i dont know what it is about the m50..but its "my gun" my buddies know when i got that thing in my hands and they hear it fire, i likely killed somethin if i had half a decent shot..its just "that gun" for me...i dont know if its the plain barrel(only shotgun i shoot that has a plain barrel) stock, or what....

but, i am a natural wing shooter...not tooting my own horn..im far from great, but i can kill movin critters if i got a good shot..its just really natural to me...moving targets with a rifle and pistol are the same thing..i can just point shoot well...

ive limited on grouse with my 21" 870 turkey gun (mod choke and grouse loads..) so maybe it aint the gun...i dont know...

but the plain barrel dont bother me none...