HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ? the puppies first days at a new home
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 06:54 PM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

get a crate with wire sides not plastic.make area inside real small so puppy wont poo as much or not.you have to take puppy outside a lot like every 2 hrs for pee.dont bring puppy back in until they go or try to go.somtimes it takes 30 minutes.i did this in blizzards at 10 above in march, brrrrrr....

say OUTSIDE when you take puppy out to pee/poo.if puupy makes circle, grab him/her and run to door saying OUTSIDE.YOU CAN POTTY TRAIN A PUUPY IN ABOUT 2 WEEKS DOING THIS.secret is to make the cart only big enough for puppy to sleep. any bigger and they will pee/poo in there,THATS NO GOOD.

NEXT RUB A RAG ON MOTHER AT THE KENNEL, TAKE THAT HOME WITH YOU.let puppy sleep with that.
turn on radio in kitchen so voices are on radio all night.puppys like voices. doing this and puppy will not cry after 2 days.after about a week you can shut radio off.

dont let puppy pee in house.it will happen but most of time you will learn when puppy is ready to pee.
dont let puppy run all thru house.make little areas where you can play with puppy and watch tv at same time.tv is great for puppy on sounds etc.

people that dont potty train pup are asking for trouble.clock idea is good under moms rag with smell.
crate is greatest thing to have.when you cant watch puppy,put in crate .make sure its only big enough to sleep in ,my crate came with divider to make area smaller and as puppy grows you can make area bigger.
after a few weeks puppy may not need crate.
dont let puppy in your bed or on couch.aggressive puppys are happening a lot now.look at mom/pop,if anyone of them is SHY or aggresSive DONT BUY THE PUPPY,WALK AWAY.........

THATS ABOUT IT.dont use can food only dry food. purina pro plan is good and after 9 months i changed to CANIDAE ALL LIFE.

take care sproul