HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Suspicious taxidermist????? HELP!!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 07:45 PM
NJheadhunter71
Typical Buck

So what your saying is he is 2 months over do on getting it back to you. That is not bad as I know some guys who take up to 2yrs. Some of these guys are 150 heads deep and work by them selves or with just someone prepping forms, skinning and doing everything else that would slow down a taxidermist from just mounting. I see your concern over not hearing from him BUT how many times has your # showed up on his phone? Please don't tell me you called him 10 times a day for weeks? Did you ever call him, got his VM then called him back just to let him know you were calling again? I have had many people come and have stuff mounted that say I don't trust you taxidermists! My advice is to wait it out another month then send him a certified letter asking nicely when will it be done.

Also don't go by when someone else got their deer back as circumstances can be different from year to year. I also see you said you paid him in full. This is something taxidermist have been doing more and more rather than the 50% deposit cost. Reason? Guys not coming to pickup, bad economy, materials are up and less work in general and its hard to spread $xxx.xx over a long time and make $$$$$.

Last edited by NJheadhunter71; 03-17-2010 at 07:53 PM.