HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - More complaints on the PGC
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 07:23 AM
Cornelius08
Banned

I used to hunt just outside of Blacksville WV. The locals carrying everything from old military rifles to single shot shotguns with front bead sight to semi-autos and everything in between... Used to put on BIG drives through the area i hunted. One drive i witnessed had around 15 standers and around that many drivers... They put out over 60 deer on that drive! You wanna talk about lead being slung??? I was 300 yards away from the nearest man, as i was on a far ridgetop overlooking the valley and other hillside where the drive was ending..

Deer flopping and rolling down hillside, deer limping, Bullets whizzing every which way... That was the very last time i ever hunted anywhere near that place rifle season.

Later that day, i shot a small buck... Ran into a fella that had been in on the driving. Talked to him for awhile, nice enough guy, said i could even hunt his familys property adjoining the one i was on. He asked for a ride home. SO i gave him one. He kept commenting on how nice the small buck was i shot. He looked like a poor soul, so i asked if he wanted it. Very happy he said if i didnt want it.lol. So i drove him home and after checking it,he took the deer and another guy came from the house and they carried it straight through the front door! lol. And that wasnt the funny part. There were a few hogs running around in the yard.... And one medium sized one, half covered in mud from the very muddy yard came straight out the front door and followed them back in the door which was wide open when i pulled up, even though it was about 30 degrees out. lol.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 03-17-2010 at 07:26 AM.