HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How Long??
Thread: How Long??
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 04:32 PM
MeanV2
Giant Nontypical

Default How Long??

How Long have you been Bowhunting?

For me this will be my 42nd season if the Good Lord allows me to live and have the health to hunt this year.

I started shooting a Shakespeare recurve the spring of 68 and started hunting that fall, a couple of years later bought a Pearson Spoiler recurve, then a few years later I bought a custom recurve and valued it very much. I killed several rabbits, squirrels, birds, as well as tagging a few does back then.

The compound bug bit me in the mid 70's and finally consumed me by the later 70's even though I continued to shoot fingers for several years. I killed over 50 big animals shooting fingers, but the drive to be better and shoot more accurately ate at me until I finally gave in to using a release.

I will say the switch from shooting fingers to working a release properly was the hardest thing I ever came up against, but once I learned to properly use a release the benefit in increased accuracy was very substantial.

I have owned at least 60 to 70 personal compounds of all brands and models. I could go on, but whether it's arrows, bows, releases, sights, rests, etc., etc I am an equipment junkie!!

I was told a long time ago each has their vices or wants. For some it's jewelry, some it's clothes, others it's about a car, or a Motorcycle. Some practically work to support the house they live in.

I Love my Harley, but my True passion is Bows and Bowhunting equipment. I'll never get tired of setting up a new bow either for me or someone else.

Let's hear your stories!!

Try to keep it civil and not nit pick at anyone's posts.

Dan