HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What would you do?
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 12:41 PM
Gobbling Buck
Typical Buck

Thanks for the replies. I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do. There is a bit more to it (usually is), but this is my first year in this club and this guy is the vice-president and has been in the club for years. While I've known most of the members for many years, he has known them all his life. I feel like the members would support me on the issue, but they all have family ties that I'm not a part of. I don't want to look for another club to deer hunt, but I doubt I'll go back for turkey hunting. All is not lost as far as turkey hunting goes though. I was offered a place to hunt yesterday (limited amount of land though), but there is a LOT of public land near me that I was planning on hunting anyway. The only thing about that is (public land) and some intrusions last year is why I wanted the club anyway. I just feel dejected right now......you work so hard all year long just for this time of year.....take vacation to hunt......get the birds patterned and a good plan for the hunt.....get your son all pumped up for the hunt and everything falling into place for his first bird...and BLAM from behind you.....man the more I type, the more I'm steaming!!

Thanks for the support though. The HN crowd is a great bunch!! GB