HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do you really NEED it? Why?
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 12:47 PM
diamondrack
Fork Horn

Besides the bow and maybe a rest there is really nothing else logically that you "need" to use with archery equipement.. I would say most extras are because of want.. But with that said I don't believe that the wants are just for show.. You may want to silence your bow, so you add the additional equipement for that issue, then you may not be comfortable shooting without a sight--so once again you add one of those, you may want a peep or kisser botton to help with consistency and or for comfort, maybe you then feel that your bow may not be balancing correctly/vibration so you add a stabilizer, then you notice the benifits of a string loop compared to no loop--and you throw one on your bow, and finally you get sick of holding onto your arrows so you get a quiver to hold them.. I have shot traditionally and enjoyed it greatly but with all the advancements they now have for archery equipement, I can't help but WANT it and not for show but for performance.. I'm shooting 2" spots out to 60 yards (probably could go further but haven't tried yet) and to me that is amazing, without some of the things I have that would not be possible..