HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - More complaints on the PGC
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Pro-Line
Nontypical Buck

I get it now...It's about killing, not about hunting. If you can't kill a deer every other time out, then it's no fun.

I'm not trying to be a dick here...but I know what the PGC is trying to do. It's basically what happened in Ohio. The deer were thick around the turn of the century or earlier, then they were killed out. When I began hunting in Ohio in the early 70's...we called other people when we saw a deer while hunting. It was a big deal. It was about hunting, not killing a deer. Now in Ohio, we are covered up in deer and some areas are suffering. We now have 6+ tags in a lot of areas and the herd is growing regardless.

The deer herd does cycle. What makes it cycle is not important. No place on earth that has hunting has a "steady" herd from year to year. The PA herd will be back...and it will be healthier than it was. I hope you guys get the herd where you want it, but you have to realize that it's not as easy as you think. No matter what the PGC does, they have 100,000 hunters telling them that they are wrong.