HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wolf Info
Thread: Wolf Info
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 03:53 AM
homers brother
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Wheatley
Did you guys read the story today about the Alaska Teacher that was killed by wolves. The article says the autopsy is inconclusive but there were wolf tracks by her tracks and blood on the road. They drug her off the road down the hill. They do need to be controlled especially if they are coming into the towns and killing people.
Though I'm not generally a proponent of the argument that wolves attack people (a la mountain lion), this is the time of year where there'll be a lull in the wolves' food supply. The easy pickin's have been picked, and the moose up there haven't dropped their calves yet.

Judging from the public outcry of support for the cute kitties when they attack people though, this won't matter at all in the wolf control argument.

We've seen so many cats out here that my eastern, "citified" relatives are paralyzed with terror any time we take them up into the mountains, insisting that I bring along some kind of firearm (which suits me fine). Maybe we DO need more cats and wolves?