HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wolf Info
Thread: Wolf Info
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 05:12 AM
diamondrack
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by m9a9g9i9c
Diamond,

I hear you and you are right that I am talking about something that's far away from my doorstep.
I only read what the national geographic society writes in their journals
And there will always be opposites to these big predators and this always needs careful planning and managment when introducing a species to an environment.
But I live in europe and we just did what you mentioned, we killed, poisoned and trapped every wolf and now they are gone.
And it's a goddamn shame IMHO if you ask me....
Like I said this needs careful managment and control, but the wolf will always be man's or hunter's competitor. The only difference is the wolf does it for survival and we do it for sport.

Frank
Belgium
Although I do not care for the wolf at all I could live with our society setting good/effective management controls that will not only allows the wolf to live among us but also will not allow the sacrafice of our other wildlife like the deer and elk.. I do believe that there can be a equal balance that should be implamented.. This could be done by trapping, hunting, etc.. to get the number of wolves down to not only a managable number but also at or below a damaging threshold.. The problem is, here in the states there are to many people that think the wolf is something that is superior to all other living things..