HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wolf Info
Thread: Wolf Info
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 06:02 AM
diamondrack
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by m9a9g9i9c
I don't know if the US issue of the new National Geographic magazine is the same as the european one but the march issue has a whole article about the reintroduction of wolves in yellowstone and the surrounding areas.
some positive facts;
less coyotes
more beavers
more trees
more insects
more fish
less deer and elk but constant numbers
idem for the wolves
1% loss of calves of livestock by wolf predation
higher tourist numbers

There are a few negative facts but the magazine concludes that this is because we are both highly adaptable creatures who try to live together and make the best of it.
I suggest you do....
Are you suggusting that the wolf introduction to certain areas is something that is positive?? This is the BIGGEST mistake that our DNR/Biologists have made in many years.. The Wolf is no better then a mangy coyote.. They are simple killers and anything and everything that gets into their way gets killed.. I know an outfitter in Canada that says that the wolves that he has on his properties kill more for the sport then for food, for every 5 deer they kill they eat one for food.. I have seen and experienced the devastration these preditors can do, they have single handedly cleaned house of the deer population in the U.P. of Michigan.. Now if these idoits want to introduce these pests then they should allow some sort of regulated control of them.. But in most places you can't touch them without serious trouble and they just keep growing and growing in population.. As far as I look at it, if your a wolf lover you're no better then a tree hugger!!