HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The beginning of the homebrew build
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 03:34 PM
PastorJim08
Nontypical Buck

Default The beginning of the homebrew build

Well guys, after nearly a year, I finally worked up the courage to begin my first homebrew build. I am not finished but I will chronicle what I have done so far.

These are the main ingredients. A Sony S600 camera, control board, battery compartment, and a plano 1425 case.

Inside the case is a yellow bladder that has to be mostly cut away.

After you remove the yellow bladder, you drill the holes for the camera lense, camera flash, sensor, and the pipe-through that is used to secure camera to a tree.

This is a picture of the pipe-through.

Then you paint the inside of the case with a flat paint to prevent the flash from reflecting back into the camera.

You then attach the lenses to the outside of the case using goop. There should be another lense called a fresnel on the bottom hle for the sensor but I had to order another one so I haven't attached it yet.

This is what the inside of the camera will look like after everything is installed. I have not actually wired everything together yet. Note that I have reinstalled part of the yellow bladder. This serves as the gasket to keep the weather out.

The last pic is a comparison for size. I will camo the outside with liquid nails and paint but I can't do that until I install the other lense, which I had to re-order.

There you have it. I still have a ways to go but I wanted to show you all where it's at so far.

Blessings.....Pastorjim