HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Arrows are too stiff?
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 08:33 PM
JNTURK
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by OHbowhntr
Try a walk-back tune.....zero a pin at 20 yds, shooting a FLETCHED arrow w/ a fp, don't matter which, just get it zero'd. Then once zero'd, walk-back from 15 to 20 to 25 to 30 to 35 and to 40yds, shoot an arrow at each distance at a spot near the top of your target, each time using your 20yd pin, aim for that spot. I suspect you'll get a pattern that looks like this " / " If so, then the rest needs to be moved a small amount to the Right, if the grouping looks like this " \ ", then the rest needs to go LEFT, if it looks like this " | ", then the rest is centered, and you should be good to go. You need to FIRST make sure the rest is centered before trying whatever method of "tuning" you are going to try, and a quick, simple walk-back tune is about the easiest most effective was to accomplish that.
Thanks. Thats the answer I was looking for.

Quick question: I can usually group my arrows (FP) from 20-40 yards in a 3" group. So do I want my group at each yardage, 25,30,35,40 to have the 3" group around the vertical line? I did have the "/" type pattern when I did try walk back, however I did not group shoot at each yardage and only shoot one arrow. I was only off the vertical by around 4" or so. Would this mean my rest should be moved to the right some or because my usually grouping pattern is around 4" would it mean that I am ok where I am at?