HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is there a way to camo my gun?
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Hurricanespg
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by driftrider
What's wrong with using paint? He's asking for options, and painting is a valid and cost effective option for a permanent camo finish.

On a side note, if you check the link regarding the camo dip kits, you'll find that one kit costs $129 and appears to not be such a simple process. Meaning that, unlike the guys who do it professionally, the average Joe is likely to screw up, which at $129 per kit, and who knows how much effort to fix the mistake, would be a costly proposition.

The Krylon camo paint method will provide as good results, and the 5 cans of paint (auto primer, three camo colors and satin urethane clear coat) will cost around $25, can be found at any hardware or home improvement store, and is enough to do several guns. And if you mess up, you can just paint over the mistake.

Mike
Nothing at all wrong with paint I was just pointing out that the dip kit is not similar to paint as you had referenced earlier.
If you had checked out the video that I linked you would have seen that it is a very easy process that the average joe is more than capable of doing.
Yes, it is more expensive than painting, and yes you will have material left over to complete more than one gun.