HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - More on the failed Pa game commission deer plan - audit article
Old 03-04-2010, 04:52 PM
gunchamp
Spike

I've been reading all these posts for a while now. For the guys that think the pgc have not screwed up pa for a long time I have some questions. How are kids supposed to stay interested in hunting when there is next to no game to show them. I've been hunting 20 years and have shot alot of deer. I'm not a lazy hunter and I like to think I know what I'm doing. I will spend days not seeing a blessed deer in 4D where I hunt. I walk miles into the mountains with my family and friends with not much luck. I sit for hours in the summer trying to scout for deer. My point being if you guys were 12 years old and just starting out would you have stuck with it? We never saw deer dying of starvation back in the good days, but that what the pgc told me was happening. We have reduced the heard so much that when we push mountains for bear, we dont kick out a single deer. How am I supposed to get my children interested when I spend a week of hard hunting and maybe see a tail. You guys need to open your eyes and start thinking of the future of our sport before its gone!