HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Acceptable pattern?
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 03:39 PM
charlie brown
Nontypical Buck

Actually, I lied. The choke was .680, I thought it was .665. But heck, even if I have to limit myself to 30 or 35 yards to kill a turkey then so be it.

People thought I was crazy going after antelope with a recurve also, and I managed. I didn't get one, but I didn't wound any either. I figured I just needed to be a better hunter. I know people who killed turkeys with bird shot, before "turkey loads" were even invented. I always seem to handicap myself somehow, but I seem to enjoy the hunts just as much regardless if I pull the trigger or release the arrow. I'll bet people would call me crazy too if I told them I went after elk with real black powder and a lead bullet with no sabot, but I have the meat in the freezer, and the recovered bullet to prove it!

Joe A and Bigturkeys - Thanks again for that info on polishing the barrels. I have no idea. I have had this shotgun for 10 years and can't say how many shells have been through it, but I have never thought to polish the barrel. I just find a load, check it a few times, stick with that for the season, and go kill birds.

Later,

Marcial