HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What Trail Cameras use SD cards?
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 07:24 AM
halfbrasshunter
Spike

Originally Posted by PastorJim08
As far as I know, with the exception of the older Cuddes and the Reconyx, they all pretty much use the sd card. If you have no experience with trailcams, you can go to a website, www.chasingame.com and read reviews on nearly every camera made.
... IMHO, you need to spend around $200.00 to get a good quality unit.
Thanks! I just looked at this link. Never knew it existed before but it has all of the info I have been looking for. I had the thought over night that I probably should check and see how big of a SD card the cameras can handle. My GPS can handle up to 32GB but I am guessing most cameras only handle up to 2GB cards. I have a 4GB microSD for my GPS that I bought from Best Buy for $14 but it may not work with an SD adapter in a camera that is only designed for 2GB.

I did double check the Lowrance website to see if they had any recommendation for trail cameras to use with my Endura Safari. All I saw was general mention that it could support any trail camera that used an SD card and took pictures or video. Most of what I learned came from their Hunting with Endura video http://www.lowrance.com/en/Support/V...a-GPS-Hunting/. They have a Hunting PDF that talks a little more about trail camera support but not much.