HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lehigh Plugs Are On Sale. UPDATED
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 06:10 AM
rt_con
Fork Horn

As I said in my previous post.. I installed the new Lehigh adapter and B/P in my .45 and .50 Knight Elites.... both fit fine and the bolt cycled without issue without a primer. Note... I used a Knight B/P tool with the center drilled out with a 5/16" bit.

This A.M. I attempted to cycle 3 different brands of 209 primers (W209, Rem STS, and Fed 209a) and had the same issue with all 3. The primer would not drop into the adapter... and I had to apply serious thumb pressure to insert it. When I closed the bolt, the primers seated in the B/P neck fine... no problem. However, after opening the bolt and attempting to dump the primers... all got stuck in the adapter. I had to remove the bolt from the rifle and pry them out with a screwdriver.

The opening in the adapter appears to be slightly too small to accept the primer without forcing the primer in or out of it. See pic below of a W209 primer hung on the adapter opening/rim. (This does not happen with the Knight NFPJ adapter)

Not bashing here ... and I bet I could probably buff with some 0000 steel wool and try to fix it myself (not sure, but there may be some tooling marks on the edge of the opening), but I think I should notify Dave so he can address it.